Returns and Refunds Policy
At OctoInkjet we will always do their best to ensure your goods arrive and work to your satisfaction but, for whatever reason, there may be occasions when you will need to return one or more items.
Items Damaged in Transit
If any items were damaged in transit, it is vital that you report this to us within 30 days of dispatch.
If the items are visibly damaged on receipt, please either:
- Refuse to accept delivery of the package(s) (if possible)
- mark the courier dispatch sheet to indicate damage (if appropriate)
Obviously if you were out when the item was delivered and/or have been forced to accept delivery, please collect evidence of the damage incurred (digital photo, etc..) and provide this with details of the damage when contacting us.
In the event that a return request has been accepted, the item(s) should be returned in the items original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Please ensure that suitable outer packaging has been used to protect the returning items.
Once accepted, the item(s) will be checked before a replacement is dispatched or any refund can be offered.
Items Faulty on Arrival
If your items are faulty on arrival, you have 28 calendar days, from dispatch, in which to inform us of the fault. Items should be returned in their original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Assuming the fault can be be verified, a replacement will be dispatched or full refund will be made via your original payment method.
Note all returned items are tested, and if found to have no fault, will be returned to you. In such cases you may be liable for the return postage/shipping.
Items Faulty in Warranty Period
If any of your purchases develop a fault, and it’s more than 28 calendar days since receipt, then provided your item is within its warranty period, you are entitled to a warranty repair. Please contact me to resolve the issue.
If You Change Your Mind or Order Incorrect Items
If you have simply changed your mind about any item ordered or ordered items(s) by mistake you are able to return it, in line with the UK Distance Selling Regulations (DSR). To do so you must inform us of your decision within 14 days of receiving the order, and return it within a further 14 days. The item must be returned un-used and in the same condition as received. Once the item is received, as per these terms, we will issue a full refund for the product(s) returned, using the original payment method.
While Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) only cover non-business orders placed in the UK we value all our customers so, if you are not happy with your purchase, please contact us as soon as possible.
Please note, in these situations, any return postage is at the customers own expense and will not be refunded.
Organising a Return
Before you return anything you need to contact us using the contact details provided and please provide details of your reasons and any problem(s) you’ve encountered. Once accepted items should be returned as follows:
- Ensure the item(s) are packed carefully to avoid damage
- Use a trackable return method to help cover against items being lost, damaged or otherwise
In most cases we will provide details of procedure once we’ve agreed to your return.
Note: Refunds on postage for returned items are limited to covering reasonable return costs. Use of priority or express courier/postal services is not advised nor will the cost of such services be refunded in full.
Returning Items from outside the UK (CN22 customs form)
To return items from anywhere outside the UK you will need to complete a CN22 customs declaration form (provided at your post office) to attach to the package. Please ensure you complete the form as follows:
- Tick “other” as type of item
- Add description of item as “Returned Goods” and include a brief description of goods – for example:
- “Returned Goods (maintenance kit)” for a Printer Potty kits
- “Returned Goods (ink refill kit)” for refill inks, tools, etc..
- Add the item weight, date and sign in the appropriate sections
Please try to stick this form on the same side of the package as the return address label.
Refunds for Returned Items
No refund or replacement can be issued/dispatch until the original item has been received at our offices.
- A reasonable charge/deduction is applied to any returns where the returned item is incomplete or not “as new”.
(This rarely applies to items returned due to “Damage incurred in transit”)
- Any refund will be made using the original payment method and to the original payee.
Refunds on Postage/Shipping Costs
Refunds for original order postage/shipping costs are applied when an item has been confirmed as damaged-in-transit or faulty on-arrival.
Refunds on return postage are applicable under the following terms:
- We do not refund return postage/courier costs for International Orders, except in extreme circumstances and only ever when pre-agreed with the customer.
- Refunds are limited to covering reasonable return costs and are made at our discretion.
Use of priority or express courier/postal services is not advised nor will the cost of such services be refunded in full.
- We do not refund return postage when a customer has changed their mind or ordered an item in error.
- When “damaged” or “faulty” returns are found to be in full working order, un-damaged the refund of any return postage will be entirely at our discretion.
Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to Business customers so if you are a business customer, it is imperative that you check the condition and function of any products within 14 days of receipt and report any problems promptly.
Please note that we consider all of our customers important so we will always work to resolve any issues wherever possible.